Encouraging school children and young people to participate regularly in sport, play, other creative activities that they enjoy to help them develop new abilities and skills, self-esteem, confidence and a sense of purpose and identity.
Every child is different and every child has different likes. The more options we provide for them, the more chances they have to understand who they are and what they’d like to do in the future. Sport is one venue where children get to better understand what their likes and dislikes are. It’s also a place where they have a chance to unwind and just enjoy themselves. Sports should never feel as if it’s a chore it is meant to be enjoyable, exciting and just plain old-fashioned fun. Our goal is to promote UN SDG # 3 Promote Good Health & Wellbeing at grass root level.
- Increase and broaden sport and physical recreation opportunities for the greatest number of school children in district Nawanshahar through the improvement of existing facilities and the development of new facilities.
- Encourage a planned approach to the development of sport and physical recreation facilities in rural schools.
- Improve opportunities for groups within the community that traditionally face difficulties in accessing facilities for the purpose of participating in sport and physical recreation.
- Provided sports uniforms and safety gears to schools.
- Constructed badminton court in Government High School Takarla in the district Nawanshahar.
- Introduced table tennis to Government High School Takarla in the district Nawanshahar.
- Donated sports equipment to schools.