By strengthening the public education system with a focus on improving classroom infrastructure, providing better educational opportunities for students, and by promoting health and wellness initiatives, all of which contribute to improving the quality of education that is being delivered to these students. We believe that technology plays a vital role in empowering young people through an improved quality of education. Our objective with this program is to create classrooms that encourage collaborative and interactive learning and improve the quality of education given to students. We want our rural students to achieve success, both in school and beyond and giving them access to effective classroom technology is an essential part of helping them do so.
A Program where we help rural Government schools obtains the classroom equipment which encourages student comfort to stay in school such as multimedia classroom equipment, desks, clean, cool water and other equipment by paying half the cost. Village level community groups or group of individuals will pay the 50% of the total cost, and Khwahish Sewa Society (KHASS) will add on the remaining 50% to cover the full cost of the equipment. This program will help us to achieve SDG Goal # 4 Quality Education
- Khwahish Sewa Society has undertaken a Sponsor-A-Classroom project to promote quality education –So far KHASS had installed 97 multimedia rooms in Nawanshahar district with latest technology such as; interactive and electronics boards, Laptops, Projector, Teaching Software, Immediate question/answer, Response System.
- A total 3622 students from 54 different schools are now enjoying sitting on desks through Co-Pay Program.
- Science Laboratories in two schools.
- Computer Laboratory/Language Laboratory in Government High School Takarla and Nawanpind Tapparian.
- Donated 19 water coolers and water purifier to 18 Government Schools in the district Nawanshahar benefiting 2850 students.
- Solar Power in Government High & Primary Smart School Takarla
- 28, 019 Children benefitted from this program